Thursday, January 31, 2013

Today..


Today was pretty sweet. B and I have tried hard to be easy going and accept the obstacles we have been given. I think we have done pretty well so far. Earlier this week was a last straw kind of deal. It's been so long since we have been able to "get ahead" wth life in general. Our house has been a construction zone since before Noah was born. Never enough money to finish and it seemed like one thing after another kept setting us farther and farther from completion. I have tried extra hard to believe that God had his hand in this all along and today I felt like he finally revealed something to us. On tuesday our sewage backed up into our home, lovely ;)  It was icing on the cake. Both of our cars had no heat, I need all new tires, our house has no heat and we need a complete electrical re-wire something or other. We have been using these plug in box heaters which have given my comed bill a whole new meaning. So needless to say, we were not happy. So we barracaded ourselves to the front of the house and dealt with the smell. After my husband went to work it started raining and I soon found our laundry room drenched with water from a pretty little leak in our celing. I stood there laughing as I looked at the bathroom floor warped and pulling off the ground, the hallway carpet drenched in sewage water and my laundry room floor creating its own pond.

The nect day I called to put a claim into our insurance. I had read a few things online saying that most cases like this were not covered unless you had a specific sewage coverage on your policy but I decided that it couldn't hurt to try. I tried to hide the worry of what the hell we were going to do! We are going to need a plumber, new carpet , new floorig and who knows what else with who knows what money.

Well, we got a call from my insurance agent today. Tomorrow we will be put up in a hotel for the weekend. We have a plumber coming to fix the problem, and then a clean up crew will come to tear up the carpet and flooring as well as clean up and air our our house. They will replace our flooring and our carpet and anything they think could have been damaged by the water.

My husband told me this on my way home from work today and I cried. Joy. Thank you God.

No comments:

Post a Comment