Monday, March 4, 2013

Becoming a Home...

 
 
 
For so long my house has felt like a house. Just that, and not much else. When B and I bought this house we had big plans. It was cheap, and it had potential. Had we known all the trouble it would bring us, we probably would have turned away, not even glancing back. But here we are and there is no where for us to go but foreword with it. Our recent troubles have pretty much surfaced themselves into a big old blessing and I swear I saw God give us a little wink at the end like, “guys it’s all good I got this.” And that he has.
I feel like our house is becoming a home. I feel like this is it. Our dreams of a HOME for our family, one to make memories in, one to raise children in and one that is inviting and warm, I feel like that is becoming true.
 
I see myself waking up early in the morning so I can have some of that oh so precious “me” time. There is a cup of coffee in my left hand and a book in the opposite. I’m sitting on the couch with the sun beaming through our big old window and I’m covered by this amazingly cute black and white throw I just added to the room. The lights are off and all I need is the natural glow from outside. Everything is calm and I am comfortable and warm in my home. My husband comes home from a shift at the firehouse and he sits with me in our cozy living room and we just sit, maybe talk a little. Soon the baby wakes up and we gush over our amazing little guy. We smile at each other but no words need saying. We both silently thank God for what he has provided for us and our little.
This feeling has seemed so far away for so long, almost unreachable. But now I can see it happening. There really isn’t a better way to describe it than exciting. I can not wait to get back into our Home, as a family. I can not wait to live in our home, make memories in our home, and just be together.
 
XO steph

No comments:

Post a Comment