Saturday, May 18, 2013

Currently....




A few things....... // and pictures, of course
 
//Our hearts have been heavy and worrisome over here lately. We found out earlier this month that my dad has cancer. It's kind of a surreal thing, really. One of those things that you hear about but never think will happen to you or your family. In a way it doesn't seem like anything has changed. He is still my daddy. He is still whipping up gourmet meals in the kitchen, tending his amazing garden, and overflowing my little man with love as usual. We know God is greater than this and trusting in him is the only way to go about it. He is scheduled for surgery this Wednesday and after that I feel like a bit of relief will come. Praying, praying and more praying.




//On a lighter note. It's Garden season! Noah and I prepped the garden a few days back. He pretty much shoveled around dirt and picked up the manure after I laid it out. Awesome! I have to get a few more plants this weekend and I think I'll put them in the ground this coming week after the rain stops. So far I'm going with kale, chard, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, cucumbers, blueberries, mint and basil. I'll probably add more one I go back to the nursery as my dad got me a gift card for mothers day. I'm really excited this year because Noah will be able to help and even if he doesn't, he will be occupied by playing outside. Last year was hard with a six month old. I put him in a walker a few times but he got bored and so my garden pretty much went to waist. We will see if my black thumb can brighten up to a shade of green this year!



//My sister surprised me with 3 new cook books for mothers day this year. I just got them in the mail and I could not be happier! Time to start experimenting and meal planning! Can not wait to just sit down and skim through all the amazing foodie creations.


//My little guy is still having sleeping issues. After we were out of the house for 2 months it was extremely hard getting him back in his crib. So hard that he is still in our bed. Sometimes I don't mind but I sleep terribly when I have feet in my face or I am being pushed off the bed every five minutes. The real issue now is that my husband is working nights. He gets home at 6am and the baby will sleep until about 7:30 but almost always wakes B up with said feet and pushing. Oi! I've tried again and again to get him in the crib and let him cry but now that he is older his cry has turned into the most saddening "mamaaaa, mammaaa," of my life. I am a huge baby and I just can't do it. This may sound extremely dumb and backwards but I found a toddler bed at a garage sale today. We are going to try it out. Who knows, time will tell, but something needs to change. We all need a good nights sleep!

That's what is going on around these parts lately. Constantly thanking God for all these special people in my life. For the good things and the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment